Logan Simpson currently seeks full-time Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for survey projects in Arizona and neighboring states, reporting to the Flagstaff, Tempe, or Tucson offices. Pay rate ranges from $18–$22 per hour dependent upon experience. Per diem is $59/day and single-occupancy lodging will be provided. Camping may occasionally be necessary, and additional per diem will be available for camping projects. Logan Simpson offers a retention bonus program for eligible temporary staff.
Duties and responsibilities include participating in pedestrian archaeological surveys as a crew member, under the supervision of a field director or crew lead, in Arizona and neighboring states. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and possess experience conducting fieldwork in a cultural resource management setting. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree or field school experience will be considered, however.
- Education and/or experience in the Southwest
- Ability to identify archaeological artifacts and features
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility)
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row
- A willingness to work out-of-town
- Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection
- Ability to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors is a must
- Completion of an accredited field school (field school is not required due to the cancellations of many field schools because of COVID-19)
If interested, please apply below and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer