Logan Simpson currently seeks full-time Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for survey projects in Nevada, reporting to the Salt Lake City office. Pay rate ranges from $17–$20 per hour dependent upon experience. Logan Simpson offers a retention bonus program for eligible temporary staff.
Duties and responsibilities include participating in pedestrian archaeological surveys as a crew member, under the supervision of a field director or crew lead, throughout Nevada.
- Completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Education and/or experience in the Great Basin or Southwest
- Ability to identify archaeological artifacts and features
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility)
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row
- The ability to work out-of-town
- Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection
- Ability to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors is a must
Preferred qualifications include residence in Nevada, archaeological experience in the Great Basin or Southwest, and completion of an accredited field school (field school is not required due to the cancellations of many field schools because of COVID-19).
If interested, please apply below and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer