Logan Simpson, a growing multi-discipline environmental planning and design firm, is looking for a Senior Environmental Planner to work in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Candidates must have proven technical expertise in preparing NEPA documents preferably for transportation, vegetation management, resource management plans, and energy-related projects. A strong emphasis will be placed on individuals who have established relationships with resource and regulatory agencies in the western US, including, but not limited to, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Reclamation, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Highway Administration, and the US Forest Service.
Work will include researching and writing NEPA documents, managing interdisciplinary teams, managing project budgets, coordinating project management activities, supporting public involvement activities, developing action plans, and performing other duties as required. Occasional out-of-state travel to visit project sites, meetings, and attend public outreach events should be anticipated. Self-starters with an eye for detail, a dedication to accuracy, and a passion for project management are encouraged.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Biology, Planning, Anthropology, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Studies or closely related field.
- 6+ years of consulting or agency experience, or equivalent combination.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, with strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional attention to detail and quality control a must!
- Ability to synthesize and present complex ideas through text and graphics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, multitask, and be able to adjust to daily changes in priorities to meet deadlines.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply below and include a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer