Logan Simpson, an environmental planning and design firm, currently seeks a Senior Biologist to work full-time in one of our Arizona offices (Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson) or in our Salt Lake City, Utah office.
The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise with proven experience working in environmental compliance related to biological resources. Individuals that have consulting experience and established relationships with federal, tribal, state, and local resource and regulatory agencies are highly desired. Experience with and working knowledge of botany/vegetation, wetland delineation, and 404 permitting is also preferred.
Duties include (but not limited to the following):
- Serves as lead technical biologist on complex projects
- Conducts field surveys for threatened, endangered, and sensitive species
- Serves as project manager
- Implements business development and marketing strategies
- Prepares proposals and complex reports
- Manages project budgets
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, or closely-related field
- 6-10 years of relevant consulting or agency experience
- Knowledge of local and regional biological and habitat planning regulations
- Experience with NEPA document preparation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, especially the Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply below and include a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer