Logan Simpson, a growing environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager to work in our Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson, Arizona offices. Duties and responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of cultural resources projects including survey, archaeological monitoring, testing, and data recovery; technical report production; preparing scopes of work and cost estimates; and meeting project scope, schedule, and budget obligations. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated; be able to work independently and manage their own project workload; and work well in a team-oriented setting.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of cultural resources management (CRM) experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience. The candidate will be comfortable with mentoring staff and with frequently interacting and coordinating with clients as well as government agency and Tribal representatives in a decision-making role. The candidate will be knowledgeable about federal historic preservation and cultural resources regulations and, ideally, about state and some local regulations. The candidate must also demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest.
Minimum requirements include:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Anthropology or a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 5+ years of Southwestern cultural resources management consulting or agency experience.
- Sufficient field experience to be listed as a Principal Investigator or Field Director on an Arizona State Museum blanket permit as well as permits for BLM, National Forest, and Tribal lands, preferably in Arizona and adjacent states (UT, NV, CA, and NM).
- Must be able to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors.
- An identified area of analytical expertise and/or an archaeological research interest.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The preferred candidate will be knowledgeable of federal, state, and local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations in Arizona and/or adjacent states. The preferred candidate will also be able to experience in assisting with preparing cultural resources sections for the National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental planning documents is a plus, as is experience working with Native American Tribal agencies and personnel.
This is a full-time position paid on a salaried basis between $68,640 and $93,600 annually, depending on experience and education.
Logan Simpson offers the following benefits and perks:
- A Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, firm paid Life/AD&D, Long-Term Disability coverage, and a 401(k) with a firm match.
- Internal and external training opportunities.
- Professional conference travel support.
- Performance-based bonus program.
- Bonus programs for publishing, employee referrals and academic achievements.
- Tuition-reimbursement program.
- Paid time off starting at 16 days off per year and paid holidays.
- Babies-at-Work Program.
- Paid Costco memberships, paid parking, and reimbursement for public transit costs.
If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and include a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer