Logan Simpson, an environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager to work in our Flagstaff, Arizona office.
Duties and responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of cultural resources projects including survey, archaeological monitoring, testing, and data recovery; technical report production; preparing scopes of work and cost estimates; and meeting project scope, schedule, and budget obligations. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated and work well in a team-oriented setting.
Individuals must have a proven background supervising and mentoring staff as well as frequently interacting and coordinating with clients as well as agency and Tribal representatives in a decision-making role. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of federal, state, and local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations and demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest. Demonstrated experience in assisting with preparing Section 106 reviews and letters for the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other environmental planning documents is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Anthropology, History, or a closely related field;
- 2+ years of supervisory/project management experience;
- Preference will be given to candidates with 6+ years of Southwestern cultural resources management consulting and/or experience working with the DOD;
- Ability to obtain permits at the Principal Investigator or Field Director level on BLM, National Forest, and State lands, preferably for lands in Arizona and adjacent states (UT, NV, CA, and NM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience independently preparing, reviewing and editing complex technical documents for a full range of cultural resources projects.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply below, and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer