Guiding Responsible Change
Logan Simpson’s goal remains simple: to help guide responsible change. From the beginning, our founders were focused on balancing the natural and built environments. Our brand and logo reflect this stewardship and draws inspiration from stone, water, and living things.
Logan Simpson is an award-winning, multidisciplinary planning, design, and environmental firm that is looking to add the right staff member to our diverse, collaborative, and innovative Team. This position would be in our downtown Fort Collins, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; or Tempe, Arizona offices, but we are open to a remote position located throughout the Mountain West region.
This ideal candidate will be responsible for guiding and influencing the planning, design, and growth of some of the most desirable communities throughoutColorado, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona.
We are seeking candidates who must be able to learn from and contribute to our integrated internal culture; take the opportunity to learn new techniques and skills, while bringing new tools and ideas to the table.
Duties and responsibilities: Under general supervision, perform planning research and documentation; create graphics and layout work; coordinate, monitor, and summarize outreach activities; and perform related duties as required. Occasional evening meetings and public events should be anticipated, along with possible out-of-state travel to visit project sites, and for public events and meetings. Self-starters with an eye for detail, a dedication to accuracy, and a passion for not just incorporating best practices, but identifying and testing new planning ideas, practices, and technologies, are encouraged to apply.
- Five to ten years of experience at a design or planning consulting firm or in a municipal planning department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, Landscape Architecture, or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of community planning principles and practices, including land use planning, and land development codes.
- Experience working with comprehensive plans, land development codes, vision documents, and development processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign (Photoshop, Illustrator a plus).
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, multitask, and be able to adjust to daily changes in priorities to meet deadlines.
- Desire to work independently, yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a willingness to expand the knowledge base and solve problems covering a wide range of projects and topics.
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, Landscape Architecture, or related field.
- Experience in physical land use planning and design in a range of scales and levels of detail.
- Detailed experience in key plan components (i.e. housing, renewable energy, resiliency, etc.)
- Experience working with social media and website development.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, AutoCAD with example products of mapping and graphics.
Logan Simpson offers full- and part-time staff members a competitive salary of $65,000 – $90,000 (DOE), and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include: subsidized medical and dental plans, firm-paid Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Disability coverage, and a 401(k) with a firm match! Additional benefits include, paid time off starting at 16 days off per year, paid holidays, paid Costco memberships, paid parking, and a reimbursement for transit costs, along with internal development and growth opportunities.
If interested, please apply below and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer