Guiding Responsible Change
Logan Simpson’s goal remains simple: to help guide responsible change. From the beginning, our founders were focused on protecting natural resources and advancing the wellbeing of our communities. Our brand and logo reflect the stewardship and balance between the natural and built environments, and draws inspiration from stone, water, and living things.
Logan Simpson is an award-winning, multidisciplinary planning, design, and environmental firm that is looking to add the right member to our diverse, collaborative, and innovative team. This hybrid position would be located in our downtown Fort Collins, Colorado, office but we are open to a position based in one of our Mountain/Southwest communities.
This candidate will support new and existing projects on public lands and in communities throughout Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and other western states. We are seeking candidates who are able to learn from and contribute to our integrated internal culture; maximize the opportunity to learn new techniques and skills, and bring new tools and ideas to the table.
Duties and responsibilities include supporting assignments on multi-disciplinary projects such as resource management plans, renewable energy projects, and travel and recreation management plans for federal, state, and local land managers. Work will include research, writing, data analysis, cartography, field GPS data collection, and quality control. Occasional out-of-state travel to visit project sites should be anticipated. Self-starters with an eye for detail, a dedication to accuracy, a passion for incorporating best practices, and more importantly identifying and testing new planning ideas, practices, and technologies, are encouraged to apply.
- One year minimum experience using Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online (Web AppBuilder, Story Maps, Dashboards, ArcGIS Hub), Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Resource management experience in the intermountain west.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex ideas through text and graphics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, multitask, and be able to adjust to daily changes in priorities to meet deadlines.
- Desire to work independently, yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a willingness to expand knowledge base and problem-solve regarding a wide range of projects in a wide range of topographies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in GIS, Planning, Natural Resources, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Studies, or closely related field.
- Familiarity with Creative Suite such as InDesign and Illustrator.
Logan Simpson offers full- and part-time staff members a competitive salary, with a starting pay range of $45,760.00 ($22.00 per hour) to $62,400.00 ($30.00 per hour), dependent upon experience, and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include: subsidized medical and dental plans, firm-paid Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Disability coverage, and a 401(k) with a firm match! Additional benefits include, paid time off starting at 16 days off per year, paid holidays, paid Costco memberships, paid parking, reimbursement for transit costs, weekly training opportunities, mentorship, a leadership development program, and purpose-driven work.
If interested, please apply below, and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer