Logan Simpson, a growing cultural resources, environmental planning, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Archaeologist to be based in either our Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson, Arizona offices. Duties and responsibilities include working as a crew member on archaeological cultural resources surveys, monitoring, and excavation projects throughout Arizona and adjacent states, while assisting with laboratory work (e.g., washing and inventorying artifacts). This position requires the individual to be self-motivated and work well in a team-oriented setting.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of cultural resources management (CRM) experience and possess a good understanding and ability to identify archaeological features and artifacts during cultural resources survey, monitoring, and excavation fieldwork. Preferred qualifications include an ability to conduct records searches and other background research online and at agency offices, complete agency site forms, and use GPS units with a data recorder.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or related field.
- Successful completion of an archaeological field school.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility).
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work overnight and on weekends.
- Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary; internal and external training opportunities; and conference travel support. If interested, please apply below and include a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer