Logan Simpson, a growing cultural resources, environmental planning, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Archaeological Crew Chief to work in either our Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson, Arizona offices. Duties and responsibilities include supervising cultural resources surveys and excavation fieldwork throughout Arizona and adjacent states and contributing to technical survey and excavation reports. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated and work well in a team-oriented setting.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of cultural resources management (CRM) experience and demonstrable experience in cultural resources surveys site-recording, excavation, and monitoring fieldwork. The candidate will have demonstrated experience supervising the documentation of cultural resources in the field, operating GPS units with a data recorder, preparing site records, and providing direction to field technicians during fieldwork.
Minimum requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or related field.
- Proficiency with technical writing and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and independently prepare complex technical documents for cultural resources projects.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility).
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work overnight and on weekends.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The preferred candidate also will have experience working on CRM field projects in Arizona and, ideally, in one or more adjacent states (NM, UT, NV, CO, and CA). The preferred candidate also will be able to identify an area of analytical expertise and/or an archaeological research interest.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary; internal and external training opportunities; and conference travel support. If interested, please apply below and include a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer